A multi-effects processor, looper and preamp for guitar and vocals
The Boss VE-8 Vocal Performer, White is a compact vocal processor. The Boss VE-8 can be used for either stage or studio, featuring easy one-touch operation, high quality effects, a phrase looper, and immediate access to your favourite set-ups. The Boss VE-8 is a flexible vocal effects unit that can sit on a desktop or attach to microphone stand for live use. Expanding on the popular BOSS VE vocal effects range, the VE8 retains much of the power and design of previous models and presents it in a compact and lightweight format with a backlit LCD display for convenience.
Connections to the Boss VE-8 include a microphone input via an XLR connector that can provide phantom power, a microphone jack connection, an auxiliary input for connecting backing tracks or other sources, XLR and headphone/line outputs, and two control inputs for adding more real time control via external footswitches. The VE-8 can be operated either by mains power (psu sold separately) or with batteries, making it ideal for buskers and mobile performers.
The main features of The Boss VE-8 Vocal Performer include:
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 (Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, Tone/SFX)
- Phrase Looper 38 sec. (Mono only): adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonising and layered beatboxing
- Favourite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds
- Ideal for live performance as well as tabletop setups (mic-stand mount included)
- Internal microphone
- Aux input for blending external music
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately)
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Connectors: MIC IN jack/XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max), 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced) AUX IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type) XLR OUT jack (XLR type) PHONES/LINE jack (Stereo miniature phone type) CTL 1, 2 Jack (1/4″ TRS phone type) DC IN Jack (DC 9 V