The PX-870 is the flagship model in the Casio Privia series. With an updated sound engine, optimised speakers and a new streamlined design, the PX-870 aims to redefine the compact digital piano.
The feel of weighted, springless keys and the resonance and clarity of an acoustic piano can be difficult to match up with compact, subtle design. The Privia range from Casio is designed with these exact needs in mind, and the latest addition to the series, the PX-870, is no exception. Casio have long maintained a ‘piano first’ philosophy, the belief that all of the keyboards and pianos they produce should mirror the same professional-class look, feel and vital features of their most advanced instruments. You may have heard of the AiR sound engine and Tri Sensor II keyboard action, both of which are familiar faces in the home / digital piano categories. After extensive tweaks and optimisation, they’ve formed the core of the PX-870’s design along with Casio’s signature educational features.
Dynamic and Expressive Sound
The speakers have been totally re-designed with your needs in mind, now facing forwards and backwards providing you with a rich and dynamic response akin to that of an acoustic upright piano. A wider sound projection makes the PX-870 perfect for everything from home use to performance in small hall-size venues – you’ll fill the room at higher volumes, yet you’ll still feel its articulate response when playing quietly in the comfort of your own home. This dual 20W sound system is one of the most powerful you can find in a slimline piano such as this
Building on these key aspects, Casio have subtly re-designed the exterior of the PX-870, so its sleek edges and minimalist aesthetic will be right at home in your living room!
All built-in tones in the Privia Pianos are created using AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) Technology. The AiR processor utilizes grand piano samples recorded at four dynamics sampling to deliver grand piano sounds with long natural decays and remarkable expression.
AiR tones also feature the subtleties that form a piano’s sound, including hammer response and something called natural string resonance which recreates the sound of the sympathetic strings when the damper pedal is raised. This gives the piano’s sound its classic rich tone and resonance.
Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard
If you’re familiar with the feel of a real acoustic piano, you’ll be pleased to hear that the Privia Digital Pianos have a spring-less hammer system that feels similar to an acoustic grand. Simulated Ebony and Ivory Keys and a naturally firm touch is graded with the lower notes feeling a little heavier than the higher notes, just like the real thing.
- Keyboard: 88 keys, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard , Simulated ebony and ivory keys, 3 sensitivity levels,
- Tones: Sound Source : Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR, Polyphony (maximum) : 256, 19 Instrument Tones
- Simulator: Hammer Response – (4 levels), String Resonance – (4 levels), Damper Resonance – (4 levels), Lid Simulator – (4 levels), Key Action Noise – (ON / OFF), Damper Noise – (ON / OFF)
- Digital Effects: Hall Simulator / Reverb – 4 (Hall Simulator), Chorus – 4, Brilliance – (-3 ~ 0 ~ 3), DSP – (Preset for some tones)
- Songs: Concert Play – 10 songs, Controller – Start / Stop, Mode – Listen / Lesson / Play, Music Library – 60 Songs, Song Expansion (User Songs) – 10 songs (max.) Up to approximately 90 KB / song
- Additional Features: Sound Projection System, Headphone Mode, Volume Sync EQ, Connection to App, Lesson Function – Part ON / OFF, Lesson Part Select – Right hand, Left hand, MIDI Recorder – 2 tracks, 1 song, Approximate Data Capacity – Approximately 5,000 notes total, Audio Recorder / Playback – Max. 99 songs, approximately 25 min/song (44.1 kHz WAV format), Duet Mode, Octave Shift, Metronome – 0 to 9 beats; tempo range : 20 to 255, Pedals – 3 built-in pedals (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5 Hz ~ 440.0 Hz ~ 465.9 Hz
- Number of Preset Temperaments: 17
- Others: GRAND PIANO button ELEC PIANO button Slide-type keyboard cover Auto Power Off: Off after approx. 4 idle hours (default setting)
- Connectivity and Storage: PHONES/OUTPUT, Connector for 3-Pedal Unit, LINE OUT, USB TO HOST, USB TO DEVICE
- Speakers Size: 12cm x 2 + 4cm x 2
- Speakers System: 2-Way, 4-Speaker
- Amplifiers: 20 W + 20 W
- Dimensions: 1,393mm×299mm×801mm
- Weight: 34.6Kg
- Included Accessories: AC Adaptor, Music Stand