The POG2 is a powerful update of the original Polyphonic Octave Generator. Which does it do though? Well, that does depend on how you set it up because the POG2 can do quite a lot!
The word that keeps coming back is ‘symphonic’: with so many extra octaves at your disposal, it’s hard not to want to make distorted church organ sounds all day! Especially when the POG2 has a control for the attack of the extra notes, meaning they can swell in behind your original note majestically! Everything tracks superbly well so the effect is very convincing and musical.
A range of sliders allow you to nudge up and down the octaves you want to bring attention to. Careful use can make your clean guitar sound like it has Nashville tuning. Changing playing technique can result in some retro organ sounds. Turning everything up and playing open position chords turns your lowly guitar into a multi-faceted cathedral of sound! Have lots of fun with this powerful device.
- True bypass
- Totally programmable 8-preset memory with instant recall
- four polyphonic mixable voices + your guitar
- Attack delay slider controls the fade-in speed of the octaves
- Low Pass filter with selectable Q
- Dry signal can be routed through the Attack, LP, and Detune faders
- Flawless polyphonic glitch-free tracking
- Can be daisy chained with other pedals and power supplies
- 9.6DC-200 power supply included
- Dimensions in inches: 4.75 (w) x 5.75 (l) x 2.5 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 146 (w) x 121 (l) x 64 (h)