You should think of the Shure Beta 58A as a somewhat upgraded version of the classic SM58. It maintains the same legendary tone but features upgraded mic components which improve its overall performance. Many professional touring vocalists have made the switch since its release.
- Ultra-reliable, durable build quality. Hardened steel mesh grille.
- The frequency response is designed to suit close-up vocals with a bright, clear mid-range. A bass roll-off helps to control the proximity effect.
- Supercardioid polar pattern delivers high gain before feedback and an improved rejection of external, off axis noise.
- Minimal effect from a varying load impedance.
- Pneumatic shock mount system reduces handling noise, vibrations, mechanical noise etc.
- High signal to noise output thanks to a neodymium magnet.
Upgrades & Improvements
Better clarity in the high-end; increased frequency response; improved feedback rejection. These are just a few of the new benefits when you compare it with its immediate predecessor. However, it’s just as reliable and rugged as the SM58 – characteristics that everyone has now come to expect from Shure!
A supercardioid polar pattern ensures this vocal mic operates just as well in both studio and live environments. Across its whole frequency range, it maintains a true supercardioid pattern. This helps to ensure high levels of gain before feedback, reduced noise from off axis sound, and isolation from unwanted ambience. It’ll pick up your voice with an astounding level of clarity and warmth.
In the Box
- Mic Clip
- Shure Beta 58A
- Cartridge Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω
- Sensitivity: (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage) −51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV), 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Weight Net: 0.278 kg (0.62 lbs)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male189